Available exclusively and completely for your use, you have the freedom to let your creativity run wild and make the wedding of your dreams a reality.
Borris House is not a hotel it is a private and unique historic house dating back to the Kings of Leinster and when you choose to have your wedding at Borris House we open up our home to you and your guests, the stunning gardens and the reception rooms in the house are exclusively yours for your special day.
We like all our wedding parties to feel that Borris House is their home from home and we actively encourage all our guests to soak up the atmosphere. After all this is your chance to put your individual stamp on your special day and do something a little bit different to everyone else.
So, whatever your ideas – from cocktails to casino nights, spit roasts to sushi, karaoke to circus clowns, super relaxed to ultra formal, from the moment you arrive to the time you leave as husband and wife, Borris House really will be your home from home.
What makes a Borris House Wedding different?
- The freedom to make your wedding day perfect for you, your family and friends.
- Exclusive use of our beautiful historic home and its gardens for you and your guests.
- Our 11 superior rooms, comprising 4 ensuite double bedrooms and 2 family suites in the main house that sleep up to 23 guests.
- Our expertise – meetings to help you plan and co-ordinate your wedding.
- A private menu tasting for the Bride and Groom with our award winning caterer.
- Access to our expertly curated list of wedding suppliers.
- Meticulous preparation of our house and grounds for your wedding.
- A comfortable outside drinks reception area with stunning views, set up with old church pews, long tables, storm lanterns and tea-lights.
- Discreet parking on the grounds.
- If required, the hire of security person on the night of the wedding.
- Transport arrangements for the convenience of your your guests on the night of your wedding.
- Public liability insurance.
Reception & Wedding Dinner
Wedding receptions of up to 160 can be held in the West Wing. The West Wing is the house’s largest room and features french doors that open out on to the gardens. It is rustic and charming with high-beamed ceilings, natural stone walls and an open fireplace. Impressive in scale but warm in atmosphere its natural elegance lends itself beautifully to any reception and is the perfect room to turn into your own personal dream setting.
We have an award winning caterer with whom we work closely and who have put together some delicious and interesting menus for you to peruse. Please note that our menu is not set in stone and we would be happy to work with you to create a menu that reflects both your tastes and dietary requirements.
Our local and highly recommended florist is Tina from The Wild Bunch – www.wildbunch.ie. Her flowers are all home grown, organic and seasonal and her website is well worth a visit.
- Your choice of either round or trestle tables.
- A unique marble console table for your cake and an antique sword for cutting it.
- Elegant limewash chivari chairs.
- Country chic decorative items such as our Victorian bell, an easel for your table plan and a blackboard for your menu.
Our beautifully decorated Georgian chapel of St. Moling, which is nestled in the east gardens is also available for blessings and ceremonies. It can hold at least 140 guests, with at least 120 people sitting downstairs and another 20 plus in the balcony. There is also plenty of standing room.
At the moment either the bride or groom should have a family link to Church of Ireland to use the chapel for an Anglican wedding ceremony but it can be used for blessings by everyone. Catholic Churches in the locality include the Sacred Heart Church in the village, just a short stroll from the house itself and Duiske Abbey in nearby Graiguenamanagh. Civil ceremonies can be held in either the House, the West Wing or the granary – there is an extra charge of €1,250 to host a civil ceremony inside.
The Granary Barn – Civil Ceremonies & Rehearsal Dinners
The exciting addition of our newly restored 16th century Granary adds a whole new dimension to weddings at Borris. This stunning rustic double height barn with its beautiful oak beams and rough stone walls lends itself so well to ceremonies, barbeques and wedding photographs.
It is the ideal space for informal dinners as wedding guests get to meet up the night before the wedding, thus breaking the ice and paving the way towards a more intimate and special next day affair. Just a short walk from the house, the vintage Granary is approved for civil, spiritual and humanist ceremonies and can seat 120 guests theatre style.
Wedding Accommodation in Borris House
Each of our Regency bedrooms is individually styled in the grand old house tradition and are filled with antique furniture, interesting curios and extremely comfortable beds with crisp white linen and old world charm. Each room has a wonderful view over the gardens, parkland and surrounding countryside.
• Included in the cost of your wedding package.
• Full Irish breakfast included.
• How many accommodated: 11 Superior rooms that can sleep up to 23 people comfortably.
• Bedroom types: Family Suites x 2, Ensuite Doubles x 4.